12/25/2004

lasted shoes

I have just completed my first pair of lasted shoes. There is still an awful lot I need to learn about making shoes on a last, but I think they came out pretty well. I built the last with a flat sole, but I think it may need to be modified with a bit of camber to it. Time will tell. The last were made from poplar, which I started out cut to the shape of the sole. They are each cut in three pieces(which facilitates the removal after the inner sole is glued into place)and taped to together. The eye bolt were used to fix the last in a vise for the hammering. I used steel nails- next time I'll use brass. The laces curl around the bottom of the pattern, I'm not sure how tight a curve you could get away with, but this works no problem at all. Here are some pics:



4 Comments:

Blogger jenifleur said...

nice socks where'd you get them?

December 29, 2004 at 7:30 PM  
Blogger La said...

Wow! Those shoes look awesome? Do you do women's shoes as well?

December 30, 2004 at 11:21 AM  
Blogger Darcy Posein said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

May 13, 2014 at 4:43 PM  
Blogger Darcy Posein said...

Calcei look smokin! I used your tutorial page extensively to build mine. Only thing I did different was I used a felt boot liner to make the pattern. Thank you for the awesome page.

May 13, 2014 at 4:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home